Did you Know...
UniPrint is committed to delivering the products and services our university needs without compromising the needs of future Buckeyes. UniPrint is committed to responsible forest management; we are working hard to ensure our paper originates from sustainable and properly managed forests. We continue to guide The Ohio State University in developing innovative solutions that offer our customers more environmentally friendly options.
A Few of Our Efforts ...
• UniPrint is a Certified The Forest Stewardship Council™ member, an independent, not for profit organization to promote responsible management of the world's forests. Our FSC® certified products are sourced from forests that are managed to meet the social, economic and ecological need of present and future generations.
• UniPrint is an Energy Star partner, helping to save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
• We use inks and alcohol free substitutes in the presses to be fully compliant with the Ohio EPA and reduce air emissions by approximately 90%.
• We recycle all scrap materials throughout the printing processes to include paper, metal and ink.
Workplace Best Practices ...
• Default Printers & MFD's to double-sided
• Centralize office printing to reduce electricity and consumables
• Extend margin default of drivers to get more on each page
• Use print preview to ensure it prints correctly the first time
• Network to MFD's to maximize scanning and electronic document transportation
• Get rid of Ink Jet and other environmentally "unfriendly" printers